Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hollywood My Hometown

Ken Murray's Hollywood My Hometown features home movies of the stars.

W.C. Fields on Universal lot













Gary Cooper













Jean Harlow













Dick Powell













Jack Oakie













Richard Arlen













Myrna Loy













Mary Pickford and friend













Doug Fairbanks and friend













Cary Grant













Rudy Valee and Sally Blaine on set













Buddy Rogers













Clark Gable













Jean Harlow playing golf













Leslie Howard playing polo













Carole Lombard and Russ Columbo at a polo match













Dick Powell playing badminton













Ken Murray and Mary Astor after they pushed each other into the pool

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Very cool - I just TiVo'd that this morning.

3:27 PM  
Blogger M said...

OMG Clark Gable is looking so slim and well shaved. I'm impressed.

11:58 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

I think youll like it. Ken Murray did another show like this one, with more home movies of the stars. I forget the name of the show, and couldnt find it on the IMDB.

Gable is a quite the handsome devil in that shot. I think that film was shot very early in his career, before he was a big star, perhaps early 1930, or before.

7:47 AM  
Blogger michaelE said...

What a treat! Made my morning!
Sally Blaine's mugging is priceless!
These are from Ken Murray?

2:21 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

Glad you like them! These grabs are from Ken Murray's Hollywood My Hometown 1965. Some are his, and some appear to be studio candids. Murray also did another one called Hollywood Without Makeup 1966.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home